Why go to the bakery when you can easily do it yourself? These fluffy quark pockets (Quarktaschen) are served for Sunday breakfast, when everyone is sitting at the table, but also for brunch, snack, or as a dessert.
Quarktaschen is a German Cheese Pastry pockets, that can be found in every bakery in Bavaria. Normally it made with homemade puff pastry and Quark. Quark is creamy cheese. is so simple to make, so let’s start.
- 300g flour
- 300g butter (cold)
- 1 packet of vanilla sugar
- 300g curd cheese
Knead ingredients. Wrap in foil and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 80g butter (soft)
- 80g sugar
- 15g starch
- A little lemon juice
- 1 shot of vanilla flavor or 1 packet of vanilla sugar
- 250g curd cheese
- 1 egg
- Firstly we start by mixing the soft butter with sugar.
- During mixing add gradually all other ingredients and stir again and again. Chill the filling.
- You still need 1 can of half apricots and 1 egg whisked to brush.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle.
- Cut into squares.
- Put 1 tablespoon of filling on each square.
- Then pull each corner towards the center and press on.
- Place half an apricot in the middle of each.
- Brush with the whisked egg.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake at 190 ° C for about 30-40 minutes.
- Finally, let cool and dust with powdered sugar as you like.