Falafel is one of the oldest foods in Arabic countries. Falafel is the plural of the word Filfil that means pepper.
Known as one of the most delicious recipes, It can be also very healthy if you fry it in a cholesterol-free oil, it will be low in fat and has no cholesterol, it also a big source of protein.
If you are a Falafel lover this recipe is for you, maybe you have never made it at home, but after reading this post you will do it.
- 500 g dried chickpeas
- 1/2 celery stick
- 1/2 bunch of parsley
- 2 large onion
- 6 cloves of garlic, pressed or mashed in mortar
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cilantro dried
- 1/4 teaspoon marjoram dried
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 l oil for frying
- Put the dried chickpeas in water for a whole day.
- Drain the chickpeas and spin through the meat grinder with the onions, garlic, celery, and parsley or with the mash cane. Mix all ingredients carefully, taste, and shape the mass into small falafel balls.
- Put the falafel in a pot of hot oil. Fry for like 4-6 minutes until golden brown.
If you like, you can also roll the finished Falafel in sesame and then fry it.
What’s your favorite way to enjoy this dish?