Today we’re traveling to Switzerland, the land of honey and milk. Since I’m a big lover of potatoes we’re making the famous rosti potato.
– In this particular potato rosti recipe I’m using parboiled potato and stored in the refrigerator overnight. It helps the potato grate and cooks well.
-And use the largest part of your grater for the best texture
-Add about 3 tbsp of butter. It’s better with more butter. Then add the grated potatoes and fry for 4-7 mins and then add salt. Flatten the potatoes and let it cook for 8 mins or until golden.
-After 8 min you’ll notice that the edges are nice and golden, means that it’s time to flip.
- 500g Potatoes
- 3-4 tbsp butter
- Salt as required
- Parboil the potatoes ( not fully cooked) and store it in the refrigerator overnight
- Peel and grate the potatoes into large shreds
- Add a generous amount of butter into the pan and fry the grated potato for 4-5 mins
- Flatten the potatoes to form a cake and cook for 10 mins or until golden brown on both sides
Best of swiss Cuisine